Many Scholarships are available for aviation education. See below for information on the AACA scholarship.
In addition, check out these other scholarships:
Alaska 99s scholarship
Alaska Airmens Association scholarships
Alaska Air Show Association scholarship
Alaska Air Show Training Opportunities for Youth information
Women in Aviation scholarships
AACA Forrest Jones Memorial Scholarship
The Forrest Jones Memorial Scholarship was established in 1999 to honor Forrest Jones, a dedicated aviation maintenance professional and role model who combined innovative thinking and a common-sense approach to everyday problems. Forrest made a significant contribution to aviation in the State of Alaska, actively supporting aircraft operations for over forty years. His maintenance philosophy of “fixing it right, by the book” was combined with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
The Forrest Jones Memorial Scholarship seeks to perpetuate this attitude and commitment to aviation in Alaska. The scholarship is awarded in early spring at the annual Alaska Air Carriers Association Convention. The amount to be awarded each year will be determined annually by the AACA Scholarship Committee.
The following factors are considered
1. High school grades, college/university grades, or GED scores
2. SAT/ACT scores
3. Demonstrated leadership, citizenship, and community service accomplishments
4. Purpose, ambition, integrity, and personal initiative
5. Letters of recommendation
6. Applicant’s personal essay
Applicant must be enrolled in or applying to one of the following (in an aviation field), or a high school senior applying to:
· Accredited college or university
· Licensed flight school
· Certified A&P program
· 2.0 or higher
· Non graded programs—Pass only
· Certified transcripts
Full load—12 credits per semester must be carried
· Student must be in good standing with the educational institution
· Scholarship will not be issued if student is dismissed, terminated, or does not complete flight school
· Scholarship will not be issued for more than five academic years, consecutive or not
Who may apply
This scholarship program does not exclude AACA members, board members, or their family members; anyone may apply.
Must be received or postmarked by the NOVEMBER 15
No incomplete applications will be accepted.
Apply for the AACA Scholarship